DENIM NATION OF AMERICA
WIN A WEEK STAY ON US CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER & WIN. MULTIPLE PURCHASES WILL INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON LEVEL/AMOUNT OF THE QUALIFYING PURCHASES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Denim Nation of America “Win a Week Stay on Us” Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Jan 1, 201 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 10, 2016 (“Contest Entry Period”). (note: if total number of entries is reached before end date an event will be scheduled and made available for all entries to attend a live drawing)
The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other territories), who are 18 years of age or older, and make a qualifying purchase. Employees, agents, officers and directors of The Denim Nation of America (“Sponsor”), and Umbrella Marketing Group (“UMG”) (together with Sponsor, the “Contest Entities”), their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling or spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER: There are FOUR (4) Levels to the Contest:
Level 1: $40-$99 purchase; Level 2: $100-$249 purchases ; Level 3: $250-$499 purchase and Level 4: Purchases of $500 or more.
LEVEL 1: $40-$99 purchases qualify for a 1 of 1,000 chance to win.
LEVEL2: $100-$249 purchases qualify for a 1 of 500 chance to win.
LEVEL 3: $250-$499 purchases qualify for a 1 of 150 chance to win.
LEVEL4: $500 purchases qualify for a 1 of 20 chance to win.
There are three (3) phases to the Contest: Phase 1: The Contest Entry Period; Phase 2: Official Entry Notifications & Announcements; and Phase 3: Live Grand Prize Winner Selection.
Phase 1: Contest Entry Period: The Contest Entry Period begins at 12:00:00 AM (midnight) Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 10, 2016. Entries received after the Contest Entry Period are ineligible for consideration.
To enter, make a qualifying purchase of $40 or more from theDenimNation.com. Once you submit your own original pieces, you will be officially entered into the Contest.
Contest entries can be altered once submitted. By your submissions, you agree to travel within 6-8 months of the winning announcement (Phase #3).
The Contest Entities shall have the right to disqualify any person that they deem to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by the Contest Entities in their sole discretion.
The Contest Entities are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled or misdirected entries, all of which are void.
Phase 2: Official Contest Notification & Announcement: Officials begin on December 11, 2016 and ends on December 18, 2016. The Contest Entities will select a total of four (4) Grand Prize Winners. The Contest Entities will review all candidates and select 20 semi-finalists (152) to receive various DNA discounts on future purchases. The Grand Prize winners will be selected LIVE at a showcase, location & dates TBD.
The winner will be selected in front of a live audience completely at random. At the showcase, Contest Entities will provide a live feed online for those who can't attend. Candidates who RSVP for the showcase will receive their own name to place in our selection box. Selection will be done on stage.
Phase 3: The Grand Prize Winner(s) Announcement Live:
The Grand Prize Winners who are not in attendance will be officially notified via call & email December 11, 2016.
3. CONTEST PRIZES: Sponsor will award four (4) Grand Prize packages (one each). The Grand Prize is as follows: a paid resort style hotel suite for 6-8 people (winner can opt out, give as a gift). The winners will also have two (2) opportunities to submit for possible places of interests; first, upon completion of their purchase, second, within 1 week of official notification. The Total ARV of the prizes is $2,500. No substitution of prizes, except at the discretion of Contest Entities. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash value. If the individual selected declines to participate or is unable to fulfill Contest requirements or if, by reason of accident, illness or emergency, the person is unable to travel or must return home early, or if the individual’s participation is terminated by Contest Entities prior to trip completion, there will be no cash compensation.
4. PRIZE AWARDING: Limit one Grand Prize per person. The Contest Entities will award prizes only upon winner confirmation of all parties flight information. No substitution, transfer of any prize or cash alternative permitted, except by one of the Contest Entities who reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if prize, or portion of prize, becomes unavailable. The Grand Prize Winners may be notified by phone or e-mail and will be required to be available for travel within 6-8 months, and to satisfactorily complete an Affidavit of Eligibility showing that winner has complied with these rules: a Liability and Publicity Release, of age (driver's license, passport), all of which must be returned within seven (7) days to the Contest Entities. Contest Entities reserve the right to determine the validity of travel accommodations. The prize winner must agree in writing that all Contest Entities, and anyone they may authorize, may without compensation publish, display and otherwise use winner’s name, photograph or other likeness, biographical information and statements concerning the Contest for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation. The potential winner then and only then becomes the “winner”. The winner must also be prepared to or have the ability to obtain (i) a valid U.S. passport, or in the case of non-citizen, a valid foreign passport, U.S. immigration documents, and other documentation allowing the individual to leave and to legally re-enter the United States; (ii) all vaccinations and preventative medications required or recommended by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control; and (iii) medical clearance, if needed, following a physical examination performed within 30 days of the proposed trip. All information needed is subject to verification of traveling destination. The Contest Entities reserves the right to revoke the prize in the event of material misrepresentation. If the potential winning entrant of any prize cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to return the completed and executed Affidavit and Release; if the Prize Notification is returned undeliverable; or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner as selected by the Contest Entities.
The New York Times reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the trip, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion, as well as the right, in its sole discretion, to dismiss the winner from further participation in the trip as a result of conduct that is considered improper or offensive to the local community, is likely to be detrimental to the health or safety of the winner or other individuals, or demonstrates that the individual is not capable or unwilling to participate fully in the trip experience. If there is uncontrollable circumstances where any prize is canceled or needs to be postponed for any reason, the trip will be rebooked.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Contest Entities are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software or web site. The Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, the Entities reserve the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Contest Entities reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Entities’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Contest Entities reserve the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by any of the Contest Entities in its sole discretion. In such event, the Contest Entities reserve the right to draw names before December 10, 2016. Only the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in Rule #3. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the online entry in question will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable email address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A Potential Winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the Potential Winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
By entering the Contest and/or accepting the prize, entrants/prize winners agree to: (a) be bound by these rules; (b) release the Contest Entities, their parent companies, or organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion partners, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, agents and their estate and/or family members from all liability, claims, action, or proceedings relating to the Contest and from injuries or damages arising in connection with or relating to participation in the Contest, or use or misuse of the prize; and (c) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. By accepting the prize, winner further acknowledges that the Sponsor and any other entity involved with this Contest have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, relative to the prize or prize suppliers or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose including, without limitation, use of any equipment associated with the prize. All flights and other expenses not having to do with lodging herein, including federal, state, local, and departure, licenses and registrations, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest, to void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate or suspend any portion of this Contest should a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest and, in any such event, at its discretion, select winners from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension.
Contest Entities are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of any prize.
Contest Entities and each of their officers, directors, affiliates, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, sponsors, successors and assigns (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize, (ii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iii) are not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use of any prize, travel related thereto or from participation in this contest.
6. TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
7. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the Contest Entities in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts. Entrant agrees to indemnify Sponsor for all claims brought by third parties in connection with trip or lodging/stay.
8. WINNERS LIST: To receive the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope for receipt by December 10, 2016 to:
Denim Nation of America
P.O. Box 52047
Brockton, MA 02205.
Umbrella Marketing Group
207 Squire rd
Revere, Massachusetts 02154